Dr Brenda will be an exhibitor at the The Healing Arts Expo. This gathering was born out of the desire to make healing and health information accessible to everyone in our community. The Healing Arts are thriving in the Cowichan Valley! We are so blessed to have such an abundance of heart-centered practitioners sharing their gifts throughout our communities. There is no limit to what we can achieve when we have health, support and community within our reach. We look forward to seeing new and familiar faces on June 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the picturesque Duncan Community Lodge in Duncan, BC.
'NOT FIT FOR A DOG' The Truth About Manufactured Cat and Dog Food
-Coauthored by Drs Fox, Hodgkins, and Smart
RECOMMENDED READING FOR ALL PET GUARDIANS
As my favorite professor at veterinary college used to say: "Yesterdays truths are today's lies"
This informative, honest, must-read book is coauthored by my nutrition prof from veterinary college: Dr Marion Smart. Information and recommendations have changed since I graduated - however the news doesn't seem to have reached the veterinary industry that's recommending and raking in up to 30% of clinic income off the sale of commercial diets.
(kindle edition and hardcover edition are under $10 on Amazon! Purchase a copy and share it with your veterinarian!)
"Of the 12 million new cases of dog and cat cancer that will be diagnosed this year, only 5% have a genetic cause. The remaining 95% are caused by lifestyle and environment factors which can be eliminated."
'THE TRUTH ABOUT PET CANCER'
SHOWING MARCH 10TH, 2019; 3pm at the Community Farm Store in Duncan by donation. One hour film followed by one hour discussion. Dr Brenda's holistic pet wellness products will be available for purchase. Be there for your pets!
5380 TransCanada Highway beside The Brick
I teach the following Pet Wellness and First Aid course to non-profits like the Lake Cowichan Animal Rescue and through community learning programs such as Lake Cowichan Recreation and Quadra Island Community Center. Watch for it in Lake Cowichan Recreation's Playbook!
If you are interested in having this seminar offered in your community, please contact me by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: (250) 932-5552
PET WELLNESS AND FIRST AID COURSE
- 4 hours
Learn the fundamentals of keeping your pets healthy and safe in and around your home. You'll have happier pets and be able to save $$$ on vet bills and maybe even save your pets life!
In the Wellness segment we'll talk about preventive medicine, pet-proofing your house, seasonal risks, and safety tips. You'll learn how important it is to perform a thorough physical exam and when you need to seek veterinary support.
We'll talk about what to do when your pet has an accident or when an emergency situation occurs. Applying the principles of First Aid will allow you to care more confidently and successfully for your own pet or someone else's. We will discuss first aid kits, home remedies, and evacuation packs. First Aid kits and supplies will be available for purchase.
Remember that planning is best done in advance!
"When you know better, you do better."
― Maya Angelou
Some comments from course participants:
"It was a great experience and I will definitely be using the knowledge I learned in the future"
"What an eye opener! I have had pets most of my life and found a lot of Dr. Brenda's advice to be so helpful. We learned so much."
"I highly recommend that all pet owners take this course - it will teach you so many things that we normally don't think about until it is too late, a little bit of knowledge can save a LOT of money in vet bills."